Arizona – Home Inspection State Regulations
Robert Stam, Licensing Manager
Phone: (602) 364-4930
Fax: (602) 364-4931
Email: [email protected]
Address: 1110 W. Washington St., Suite 240
Phoenix, Arizona 85007
Quick Arizona Facts:
- Home inspection is regulated.
- Annual license renewal cycle.
- Distance education is allowed.
- License Type(s): Home Inspector
- Field Training & Experience
- 88 Hours Pre-licensing Hours
30 parallel home inspections for home inspector-in-training license, 100 home inspections for home inspector license Rule (R4-30-247 (A)(6).
Exam: National Home Inspectors Examination
Arizona Home Inspection Training: Arizona Certification (Title 32, Chapter 1 enacted in 2002). The Arizona State Board of Technical Registration (BTR) certifies and regulates the practice of home inspectors. The law requires 80 hours of education, successful completion of the National Home Inspector Examination, and evidence of successfully completed home inspections. In addition, the law requires that certified home inspectors have one of the following financial assurances:
- Errors and Omissions Insurance in the amount of $200,000 in the aggregate and $100,000 per occurrence,
- a $25,000 bond or proof of assets in that amount, or
- an alternate financial assurance mechanism approved by the BTR with a value of at least $25,000.
The law states that loss of or failure to obtain financial assurance is grounds for revocation of certification.
For more specific information regarding certification requirements, please go to the BTR website and, under Regulations on the Table of Contents panel, click on “Applicable Statutes” (see A.R.S.§ 32-122.02 or “Applicable Rules” (see A.A.C. R4-30-247).
Or contact The Arizona State Board of Technical Registration.
Application and Licensing: The Arizona State Board of Technical Registration